Grilled Turkey, Bacon, Radicchio, and Blue Cheese Sandwiches
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese or other mild blue cheese
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country-style white bread (about 5×3 inches)
- 4 leaves radicchio
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 4 teaspoons butter, room temperature, divided
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels. Pour off fat from skillet; reserve skillet.
- Mash mayonnaise and blue cheese in bowl to coarse puree; season with pepper.
- Place bread on work surface. Divide cheese mixture among bread slices, spreading evenly.
- Divide bacon, radicchio, and turkey between 2 bread slices. Top with remaining bread, cheese side down.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in reserved skillet over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet. Spread 2 teaspoons butter on top pieces of bread.
- Cover with lid that is slightly smaller than skillet. Cook sandwiches until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
I give this dish 3 out of 5 Lobsters:
These were some pretty good sandwiches and would be great on a nice summer day. We ate them hot, but they would be good cooled as well. Would make these again.
Recipe from: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Turkey-Bacon-Radicchio-and-Blue-Cheese-Sandwiches-236489?mbid=ipapp
Hot Bacon Dressing
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt, and slowly pour in water and vinegar, whisking constantly.
- In a medium skillet, add the crumbled bacon and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens
I give this dressing 5 out of 5 lobsters
I chose to put this one on some spinach and it was great. A good blend of flavors and it leaves a sweet aftertaste in your mouth.
Would make this again for sure!
Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Bacon-Dressing/Detail.aspx#
Cherry Nut Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or other chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with CRISCO® No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in small bowl. Mix in Butter Flavor CRISCO® Shortening until crumbly.
- For cake, cream Butter Flavor CRISCO® Shortening, sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs, beating well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half the batter in greased pan. Cover with half the cherry pie filling, spreading as evenly as possible. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with nuts and topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until top is brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool until slightly warm or to room temperature.
- For glaze, add enough milk (about 1 tablespoon) to confectioners’ sugar to make desired consistency. Stir in almond extract. Drizzle over cake.
I give it 5 out of 5 Lobsters:
It was moist and creamy and the icing on the top really made this a great coffee cake. An amazing treat for desert, snack time, or breakfast.
Would make this again for sure!
Recipe from : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cherry-Nut-Coffee-Cake/Detail.aspx
Roasted Sweet-Potato Spears with Bacon Vinaigrette
- 4 pounds medium sweet potatoes (about 7)
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, reserving sliced greens separately
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel sweet potatoes, then cut each lengthwise into 6 spears. Cut spears in half crosswise if desired, then arrange in 1 layer in a large (17- by 12-inch) shallow baking pan.
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, then pour bacon fat through a fine-mesh sieve onto potato spears and toss with 2 spatulas to coat. Sprinkle spears with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and roast (uncovered), turning every 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender and edges are browned, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Return bacon to cleaned skillet, then add oil and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in white part of scallions and remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, water, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and pour over potato spears. Sprinkle potatoes with scallion greens and serve warm.
I give this dish 5 out of 5 Lobsters:
These spears were great. We ate them with BBQ steak and Sesame Chicken A good alternative to the standard French fry. Would make these again for sure!
Recipe from: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Sweet-Potato-Spears-with-Bacon-Vinaigrette-236383?mbid=ipapp
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Place ground Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain sausage, and mix in garlic salt, oregano and crushed pineapple.
- Arrange English muffin halves in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spread with tomato paste. Layer with the Italian sausage mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
I give this one 4 out of 5 Lobsters
These were great little personal pizzas. Great for family time or just a quick snack. Easy to make and great tasting. Would make these again for sure!
Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pineapple-Pizzas/Detail.aspx
Sticky Sesame Chicken Wings
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Pinch of cayenne
- 3 lb chicken wingettes or chicken wings (see cooks’ note, below)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion (green part only), finely chopped
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large shallow baking pan (17 by 12 inches) with foil and lightly oil foil.
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with salt using a large heavy knife. Transfer garlic paste to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, hoisin, honey, oil, and cayenne. Add wingettes to sauce, stirring to coat.
- Arrange wingettes in 1 layer in baking pan and roast, turning over once, until cooked through, about 35 minutes. Transfer wingettes to a large serving bowl and toss with sesame seeds and scallion.
- Cooks’ note: If using chicken wings instead of wingettes, cut off and discard tips from chicken wings with kitchen shears or a large heavy knife, then halve wings at joint.
I give it 4 out of 5 Lobsters:
We decided to use chicken strips instead of wings with this recipe and it came out great. The sauce is amazingly flavorful and would be great on wins, kabobs, or as we did it chicken strips. Would make these again for sure!
Recipe from: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sticky-Sesame-Chicken-Wings-234650?mbid=ipapp