Home Cooking With The Cookes : Hawaiian Chicken
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce, divided
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken breast halves in a dish with the 1 1/2 cups of teriyaki sauce. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken breasts on grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Brush with the remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes. When almost done, place one pineapple ring on top of each breast, and brush with melted butter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Serve with chicken for dipping!
This dish was just ok. We marinated the chicken overnight and the chicken came out tasting a bit too much of the teriyaki sauce. I am used to my Hawaiian chicken being far more sweet than this one came out. I had an extra un-marinated piece of chicken and the sauce tasted better on that than it did on the marinated chicken. Probably won’t make this one again.